301 CLEVELAND 2030 DISTRICT
- 1 GBCI (LEED)
- 1 AIA LU/HSW
- Participants will learn about the mission and values of 2030 Districts to engage commercial buildings to reduce energy and water consumption as well as CO2 emissions from commuter transportation across the US.
- Participants will learn what progress the Cleveland 2030 District has made in the commercial building sector relative to our goals.
- Participants will learn about the collaboration between Cleveland 2030 District and other organizations including USGBC Ohio NEO Region to offer quality programming and educational sessions.
- Participants will learn about our Green Building Challenge presented by Cleveland 2030 District and USGBC Ohio NEO Region and the improvement in EUI scored by the Challenge
- Cynthia Cicigoi
- Cleveland 2030 District
- Cynthia Cicigoi has over 30 years of experience in the high performance building industry. Most of her career was spent with the RPM Building Solutions Group in a variety of capacities, most recently as Vice President of Global Sustainable Initiatives. Currently, Cynthia is the Executive Director of the Cleveland 2030 District and is responsible for the overall management and operation of the District.
- The Cleveland 2030 District is a movement to create a high-performance building district in the Greater Cleveland area with the objective of dramatically reducing the environmental impacts of building construction and operations while increasing Cleveland’s competitiveness in the business environment and increasing owners’ return on investment. Our goal is a 50% reduction in energy use, water consumption and CO2 emissions from transportation. This voluntary movement engages progressive property owners and managers to reduce their operating cost and achieve our mission’s goals. Cleveland 2030 District provides building performance reports, connects members to professional stakeholders who can help them meet their goals, and offers educational resources and technical assistance. We collaborate with several other environmental stewardship organizations and have a close partnership with USGBC Ohio NEO Region to bring programming and other networking opportunities to our members.
302 COLUMBUS SPANISH IMMERSION ACADEMY
- 1 GBCI (LEED)
1 AIA LU/HSW
- Discuss the cost and time savings of precast wall panels.
- Understand how extended learning areas were organized to accommodate different academic needs and to leverage space utilization.
- Discover how the use of sustainable features can serve both functional and aesthetic purposes.
- Overcoming challenges in achieving LEED points on a limited budget.
- Jocelyn Krosky
- Working in close collaboration with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on education projects, Jocelyn applies her creative talent and pushes it past standard solutions to achieve a higher level of design that addresses both the aesthetic and functional needs and desires of the owner.
- Michael Bongiorno
- Michael Bongiorno is a director and design principal at DesignGroup, an AIA Ohio Gold medal architecture and design firm in Columbus. Michael is a noted local design leader with a focus on community-impacting, mission-driven architecture that supports and enhances the fabric of the city and furthers a fundamental belief that great design is the essential building block to vibrant, healthy communities.
- The mission of the Columbus Spanish Immersion Academy is to promote, through a global approach, the acquisition of the Spanish language and an awareness and knowledge of the various cultures that are encompassed by the Spanish-speaking world. The goal of this program is to provide the highest quality education for all students through the cooperation of staff, parents, and community representatives in a caring, productive environment, which is conducive to meeting the total needs of each child.DesignGroup worked with Columbus City Schools to design this 66,000 SF facility to include sustainable, well-design features that kept the client on time and under budget.
303 ONGOING PERFORMANCE – LEED EB O+M AND ARC PLATFORM
- 1 GBCI, LEED Specific O+M (credits pending)
- 1 AIA LU/HSW
- Participants will understand the Arc platform and how it is used to track ongoing performance of a building.
- Participants will understand the new compliance path for O+M certification through Arc.
- Participants will understand the importance of ongoing building performance tracking and reporting.
- Participants will learn about case studies of projects utilizing Arc and LEED EB O+M.
- David Marcus
- David joined USGBC in 2011. David works on the global implementation of the Arc platform technical product/program development. Arc is a data driven, building performance scoring platform providing annual LEED recertification and global benchmarking. You can learn more at https://www.arcskoru.com. David’s past work focused on the environmental and health attributes of building materials and products. He directed a partnership with industry leaders, manufacturers, and consultants working to increase the utility and consistency of environmental product declarations.